Summer brings the warm weather, outdoor activities and a much-needed break from our Markham winters, but along with all that goodness can come some challenges: namely, allergies and air pollution. Your air conditioning system can help reduce some of these microbes when they enter your home, but without some extra help, they will circulate through your indoor air. One of the best tools our Advantage Airtech professionals have to help our customers improve their indoor air quality is the whole-home air purifier. Wondering what an air purifier can do for your Markham home? Let’s take a look at the some of the benefits.
3 Benefits of Installing a Whole-Home Air Purifier
A whole-home air purifier means more than just having cleaner air. Here are some of the benefits our customers have seen from their air purifiers:
- Destroys biological material (UV germicidal lights) – UV germicidal lights destroy over 99% of contaminants they come into contact with, including bacteria, viruses and mold and mildew spores.
- Removes allergens – air purifiers are produced to strain particles that are very small – as small as 0.3 microns – so particles like pollen, dust and dirt are effectively captured
- Helps with respiratory issues – if someone in your home suffers from a chronic respiratory issue such as asthma or COPD, an air purifier can help remove the irritants that contribute to attacks
Types of Air Purifiers
There are several types of air purifiers available on the market:
- Air filters – a mechanical air filter is woven very tightly, creating a sieve through which particles can’t pass. This helps to strain out pollen, dirt, dust and other airborne irritants.
- Electronic purifiers – electronic air purifiers charge particles, then attract those particles to collection plates that are oppositely charged, creating a high capture rate.
- UV germicidal lights – as mentioned above, UV germicidal lights use UV-C light to destroy biological particulates. UV lights achieve this by using the UV-C light to permanently alter the DNA of biological particles, which disables them from reproducing and damages the life-sustaining proteins in the cells.
Breathe Better with an Air Purifier
Better breathing means better sleeping, better comfort, and most importantly, better health. You can achieve this with a whole-home air purifier from Advantage Airtech.
Call Advantage Airtech today and schedule an appointment to speak to one of our experts about installing an air purifier in your Markham property.