Keeping warm on even the coldest nights of the year is a top priority for most homeowners. Unfortunately, the rising costs of energy can make keeping your home comfortable a costly endeavor during the winter months. Improving the efficiency with which you heat your home is integral to saving money and being able to keep your home comfortable. Take these home heating efficiency tips into consideration when heating your Uxbridge home. Those of us at Advantage Airtech want you to be able to heat your home with confidence. Get the most out of the energy you pay for by boosting efficiency.
- Seal up your windows and doorframes. A little weather stripping and shrink wrap can go a long way in helping to increase energy efficiency during the heating season. The best part is that it is also one of the cheapest ways to do so. Even a beading of caulk in stationary windows can help. Keep the heat inside and watch the bills drop.
- Do not shut off your ceiling fans once the cooling season is over. This may sound counterintuitive to many, but your ceiling fans are actually reversible. Flip the switch on the fixture to make the change to the winter setting. This will push heated air back down into the living area. Doing so allows for more even heating throughout your home and more comfortable conditions.
- During the winter months try to skip the restaurants. Eating dinner at home with your family is not only a great way to spend time together and save money on food costs. It also can help you keep warm in a more productive manner. Spend some time with the kids cooking dinner, enjoy the warmth of a busy kitchen, and do not let the cold air in to open the door for the delivery man.
- Take the time to learn to use your thermostat more effectively. A programmable thermostat is not much help if you do not program it. Read the instruction manual, familiarize yourself with the device, and get the most out of your thermostat.
- Finally, and this one may seem obvious, but bundle up. You are at home, you have your entire wardrobe to choose from and no one to impress. Throw on the sweater you usually leave in the closet and drop the thermostat down a few degrees.
Follow these easy efficiency tips and you should see the results in your budget. If you have any further questions about how you can get the most out of your home heating system in Uxbridge, call Advantage Airtech. We are happy to help you improve energy efficiency in your home.