Fall is a great time of year to schedule air conditioning maintenance in Clarington. Maintenance provides a number of benefits, and with summer almost over, it’s the perfect time to call and schedule an appointment. Many customers wonder exactly what happens during a maintenance appointment that makes it so valuable, so Advantage Airtech wants to take the opportunity to explain here.
What Happens During a Maintenance Visit?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a typical maintenance appointment:
- Check of the thermostat – your thermostat tells your air conditioner when to cycle, so it’s important to make sure it’s working properly.
- Check of electrical connections – loose connections are tightened, and voltages and currents on motors are measured. Poorly maintained electrical connections can reduce the life of your components.
- Lubrication of moving parts – ball joints and other moving parts need to be properly lubricated in order to work correctly as friction can cause resistance in motors and increase the amount of electricity used.
- Inspect the condensate array – faulty trays can leak water and clogged drains can cause overflows and water damage.
- Check system cycling – check that the system cycles properly.
- Inspect and clean evaporator and condenser coils – dusty, dirty coils can reduce a system’s ability to cool your home. They can also cause the system to run longer, raising energy costs while shortening the life of the equipment.
- Check and adjust the refrigerant level of your central air conditioner – too much or too little refrigerant can adversely affect the heat release/cooling process in your AC.
- Check all fans – check the operation and components of the blower and condenser fans.
What Are the Benefits of Maintenance?
There are multiple benefits to scheduling maintenance for your AC:
- Improve energy efficiency – dirty, worn out components can stress your air conditioner, causing it to use more energy to run. During a maintenance appointment, your AC is cleaned and small things like worn fan belts and frayed wiring are taken care of, enabling your air conditioner to run optimally. This can cut down on your energy usage.
- Avoid or reduce future repairs – the thorough inspection, cleaning and adjustments that occur during a maintenance appointment help reduce future repairs by taking care of small issues before they can become big problems.
- Extend the life of your equipment – a stressed air conditioner is one that can age prematurely. With regular maintenance, the components of your AC are kept in good working order, which can help increase longevity.
Fall is just around the corner – why not call Advantage Airtech today and schedule air conditioning maintenance for your Clarington property?