Radiant Floor Heating Repair
Affordable radiant floor heating repair keeps your system running smoothly and efficiently all winter long.
Like any home heating system, radiant floor units are subject to occasional maintenance repairs.
However, by knowing what to look for when you suspect something is wrong (and then contacting Advantage AirTech ClimateCare right away), your radiant floor heating repair can be completed quickly.
Common radiant floor heating repairs
In short, here’s how radiant floor heating systems operate:
- A boiler unit heats up water stored in a tank
- Hot water is sent through a system of pipes located underneath the floor
- The floor heats up and you enjoy comfortable warmth
- When the water cools down, it’s recycled back into the tank
With that in mind, here are some radiant floor heating repairs to watch for.
Because radiant floor heating systems rely on hot water and pipes to deliver heat, it’s possible leaks may occur in the following areas:
- Water tank
- Water pump
- Piping system
Usually, these leaks are caused by age, rust, or pressure.
How can you tell?
- Look at the pressure gauge located on the water boiler:
- Anything lower than 10 PSI is an issue
- Inspect the floor for any damage:
- Damp or discoloured carpets, mold growth, peeling floor tiles
- Check for mineral deposits on the boiler:
- Near the safety valves and other connectors
- Listen for noises:
- Hissing, bubbling, rushing noises through the floor
When you turn on the radiant floor heating system and the room does not get as hot as it should, it could be due to:
- Faulty wall thermostat
- Defective valves
- Damaged heating cables
In these instances, the components need to be repaired and/or replaced.
How can you tell?
- Check the thermostat
- Ensure there’s voltage present at the thermostat using a voltage tester
- Test the wiring in the mats
- Using a specialized tool called a Digital Multi-Meter
- Walk around your home:
- If you have floor heating in multiple rooms; any rooms without heat are probably impacted by a defective valve
Contact us for all your radiant floor heating repair needs
Have a radiant floor heating system in your home?
No matter where you live in Durham Region:
- Port Perry
The team at Advantage AirTech ClimateCare will come to you, inspect your system, and tell you what needs to be done and how we’ll take care of it for you.