Staying cool this summer doesn’t mean turning up the heat on your wallet. Knowing how to save money on your air conditioning bill while staying comfortable during the hot months is something that we can all achieve.
The following are some key tips to help you save money while running your AC.
Develop Simple Habits
Here are a couple of ways that you and your family can cut down on your home’s energy bills simply by turning them into daily habits:
- Only run your air conditioner during off-peak hydro hours. This is between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. during the week, and all day on weekends.
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed
- Install a smart thermostat and make sure it’s turned up slightly higher while you’re not at home. You can save roughly $20 a month by setting your thermostat to 25 C during the day and 22 C during off-peak hours. You can even set it higher to save more.
Follow these incredibly simple steps and note the difference in your next hydro bill!
More Ways to Reduce Your AC Bills
Here are some additional tips to consider:
- Utilize ceiling and other fans
- Keep blinds and curtains drawn during the day
- Avoid using your stove and other large appliances when possible
- Make sure your AC is in great working order and filter is clean
- Have your AC serviced annually to make sure it is running efficiently
- Ensure there are no leaks in your home for cool air to escape
- Insulate your attic
Having AC in your home helps keep you, your family and guests comfortable during the hot summers. By following these simple tips, you can not only save money on your energy bill, but you can also help to reduce your carbon footprint.
If you’re interested in more information on how to save money on your air conditioning bill, or have any other questions, contact the cooling experts at Advantage Airtech ClimateCare.