Air-source heat pumps are becoming increasingly popular as an energy-efficient and cost-effective way to heat and cool homes. However, like any heating and cooling system, there are pros and cons to consider before deciding whether an air-source heat pump is right for your home.
- Energy Efficiency: Air-source heat pumps use electricity to move heat from the outdoor air to the indoor air, making them highly efficient. In fact, heat pumps can be up to 50% more efficient than traditional heating and cooling systems
- Cost Savings: Because air-source heat pumps are so energy-efficient, they help homeowners save big on energy bills. In addition, many homeowners may be eligible for rebates and tax credits for installing a heat pump
- Dual Functionality: Air-source heat pumps can provide both heating and cooling, making them a versatile option for year-round comfort.
- Climate Limitations: Air-source heat pumps are less effective in extremely cold climates, as they rely on outdoor air temperature to operate. In areas with very low temperatures, a supplemental heating system may be necessary only for those extremely cold days
- Upfront Cost: Air-source heat pumps often cost more upfront than traditional heating and cooling systems. However, the cost can often be offset by energy savings and rebates
- Noise: Air-source heat pumps can be noisy when operating, especially when the outdoor unit is located close to living spaces.
Learn more about air-source heat pumps in our Ultimate Guide to Heat Pumps blog!
Ready to Make the Switch?
First, you’ll need to consult with an HVAC professional to determine whether an air-source heat pump is the right choice for you. Contact Advantage Airtech ClimateCare in Pickering today to learn more from the experts!