If you are planning to have a furnace installed, you’ve already made an excellent choice for making it through the winter in comfort. Contemporary furnaces are much more fuel-efficient than older models, and provide even and effective heating for many years. However, for your furnace to work correctly—and safely—you must have it professionally installed. A furnace installed by amateurs will, on average, perform 30% less efficiently that one that received an installation from trained technicians. For gas-powered furnaces, a shoddy installation can lead to dangers from carbon monoxide leaking.
Here’s what you can expect to happen during furnace installation in Uxbridge, ON when you hire experienced installers like those at Advantage Airtech.
- First, installation begins with sizing your furnace: surveying your home to properly gauge its heating needs, and then selecting a furnace that can handle the job. Amateur installation often gets this all wrong, resulting in a furnace that will soon need replacement.
- Second, installers must take care of removing your previous heating system; sometimes this is the longest and most arduous part of the process.
- Third, installers will connect your new furnace to its power supply. You will probably have either a gas furnace or electric furnace, and part of the selection process of the right type of furnace for you depends on what power source your home has access to.
- Fourth, the installers will connect the furnace to previous existing ductwork so that it works smoothly with them. The installers will make sure that you are getting a furnace model that will experience few problems with your current ducts.
- Fifth, the installers will turn on your furnace and perform airflow tests to see that it is working to the levels they expect from it.
This whole process normally takes less than a day, and the installers will be out of your home before you know it, leaving you with a purring machine that will make the upcoming winter a pleasant one.
Make sure that you schedule regular maintenance for your new furnace with the company that installed it. It’s a good idea to get this taken care of at the same time you have your furnace installed so you won’t forget to have it done next year. Proper maintenance should keep your furnace working for you for many winters to come.
Advantage Airtech has served the greater Toronto, Canada Area since 1987. Call us to start your furnace installation in Uxbridge, ON, or check out our other heating services offered in Uxbridge.